IMPORTANT: The inReach Sync app is also used to update the firmware on the suite of inReach devices. Use the instructions below to update the firmware on an inReach in need of a firmware update.
This article explains how to sync your inReach+ with the Explore Portal.
1. Log in to your account at inreach.garmin.com.
2. On the Contacts, Messages, or Social tabs make edits to the Contacts, QuickText or Preset Messages, and Social Media connections for the inReach account.
3. Select the Sync tab when ready.
4. Select the Launch inReach Sync button.
Note: If your web browser requests authorizatoin to open the inReach Sync application select Allow.
5. Enter your inreach.garmin.com username and password in the inReach Site Login window and select Login.
Note: Enable the Save my credentials checkbox to skip this step in the future.
6. Connect the inReach to a USB port on your computer using the provided USB-mirco to USB cable.
7. Select the Sync button to sync your inReach. The inReach Sync app will push the Contacts, QuickText, Preset Messages, and Facebook, Twitter, and MapShare information to the inReach.
Note: If a new firmware version if needed, you will be prompted to install the latest version of firmware.
8. Your inReach is up-to-date! Close the inReach Sync app when finished.