The inReach SE and Explorer can be soft reset by holding the X and down arrow buttons until the device powers off. Once the device has powered off, use the check mark button to power it back on and return to normal function.
The inReach SE+ and Explorer+ can be soft reset by holding down the X button and power buttons together.
This key combination can be used in the following scenarios:
- The inReach device is stuck on the "Waiting for Confirmation" stage activation
- The inReach device is frozen while powered on
- The inReach device is not frozen, but outbound messages are stuck trying to send
- The inReach device is unable to sync
There may be scenarios where a soft reset will not work and a hard reset is required. A hard reset involves holding down the X, down arrow, and check mark button simultaneously for the inReach SE and Explorer device. For the SE+ and Explorer+ hold down the X button, down arrow button, and power button. The device will enter "firmware update mode". Below is an article that will take you through the hard reset steps for inReach SE and inReach Explorer device that will not power on:
- inReach SE and Explorer are unable to power on