The inReach SE & inReach Explorer can send messages via satellite communication when used on its own in standalone mode or while paired to an Android or iOS device through the Earthmate app. For instructions on how to send a message when paired to an Android or iOS device click the appropriate link below.
Click Here for instructions on how to send an inReach message from the Earthmate app for Android.
Click Here for instructions on how to send an inReach message from the Earthmate app for iOS.
Follow instructions below to send a message with the inReach SE & inReach Explorer in standalone mode.
Note: To test messaging on your device you may send a free message to email@example.com. Each test message recieves an automated reply. You are provided with five free test messages to this address each month.
Sending a Message With the inReach SE & inReach Explorer in Standalone Mode
- Turn on the inReach SE or inReach Explorer
- From the home page select Messages and press the Check button.
- To compose a message to a new contact, select New Message and press the Check button.
- To send a message to a new contact, select the To field and press Check. Type in the phone number or e-mail address for the recipient, highlight OK, and press Check. Repeat this process for each contact you want to send a message to. When all contacts are added, highlight OK and press Check.
- Note: SMS numbers must be entered as +(countrycode)(areacode)(phonenumber). Example. +14162536008.
- To compose a message to a previously entered contact move the cursor to the address book icon and press Check. Select the recipients to add to your message by highlighting each name and pressing Check. Press the X button when finished.
- To choose a predefined Quick Text message move the cursor to the QuickText message icon and press Check. Use the up and down buttons to select the message you want to send and press Check.