Note: The look of your Android experience may vary slightly depending on the manufacturer of your device and the Android OS version. The general instructions provided below will still work and apply to majority of device types.
1. Power on the inReach SE or inReach Explorer by holding down the checkmark key.
2. From the main screen select the "Settings" option.
3. Scroll to "Bluetooth" and select it.
4. Select "Pair inReach."
5. On the Android phone tap on "Settings" .
NOTE: The icon may look different depending on your version of Android.
6. Tap on "Bluetooth."
7. Slide the Bluetooth "ON/OFF" button to the "ON" position.
8. On the inReach device select "Pair inReach."
9. The inReach device will appear on the phone's Bluetooth list. Tap on the entry and the device will begin pairing. The status will change to "Paired" when completed.
10. Press the home button on your Android phone. Tap on the Earthmate app icon to launch the app .
11. The app will now work with the paired inReach device. To check the pairing status, tap on the "hamburger" menu button located in the top left corner.
12. If "My inReach - Connected" is displayed, you've successfully established a connection with your inReach device and can begin getting familar with your device, the application and all of the functions.
If "My inReach - Not Connected" is displayed, select the menu button (icon of 3 dots on most Android devices) followed by Connect. Alternatively, you can attempt to send a message or enable tracking to force the Earthmate application to communicate with the inReach device.