Using inReach Sync
After adding or editing Contacts, QuickText, or Preset Messages on your Explore account you will need to sync the Explore acount with your inReach device to ensure your information is up to date on the device. When you sync your devices with the Explore site, the information you entered online — like Contacts, QuickText or Preset Messages, and Facebook, Twitter, or MapShare information — will be loaded on to your devices.
Use the instructions below to download and install the inReach Sync app when syncing for the first time.
The inReach Sync app is a program that can only be installed to a Windows or Mac computer. The inReach Sync app cannot be installed or used on an Android or iOS phone or tablet.
IMPORTANT: The inReach Sync app is also used to update the firmware on the inReach suite of devices.
This article explains how to install inReach Sync for Windows.
1. Log in to your account at inreach.garmin.com.
2. Select the Sync tab.
3. Select the Download inReach Sync button.
4. Once downloaded, run inReach Sync.exe to begin the inReach Sync app installation.
5. Read the Garmin inReach Sync Single-User License Agreement and, if you agree to the terms, select the checkbox to confirm and select Install.
6. If the User Account Control window appears, select Yes.
7. The inReach Sync App will install. Select Close when the installation is finished.
8. You're now ready to sync your inReach device.
To sync your inReach SE+ / Explorer+ device, click here.
To sync your inReach SE / Explorer device, click here.