After adding or editing Contacts, QuickText, or Preset Messages on your Explore account you will need to sync the Explore acount with your inReach device to ensure your information is up to date on the device. When you sync your devices with the Explore site, the information you entered online — like Contacts, QuickText or Preset Messages, and Facebook, Twitter, or MapShare information — will be loaded on to your devices.
Use the instructions below to download and install the inReach Sync app when syncing for the first time.
The inReach Sync app is a program that can only be installed to a Windows or Mac computer. The inReach Sync app cannot be installed or used on an Android or iOS phone or tablet.
IMPORTANT: The inReach Sync app is also used to update the firmware on the inReach suite of devices.
This article explains how to install inReach Sync for Mac.
Note: The inReach Sync requires OSX 10.7 (Lion) or higher. You can check your OS version by clicking on the icon and then clicking on "About This Mac." If your version is below 10.6.8, please contact Apple support for upgrade options.
1. Log in to your account at inreach.garmin.com.
2. Select the Sync tab when ready.
3. Select the Download inReach Sync button.
4. Once downloaded, run inReach Sync.pkg to begin the inReach Sync app installation.
5. Select Continue in the Install inReach Sync window to proceed with the installation.
6. Read the details of the inReach Sync Single-User License Agreement and select Continue.
8. Select Install to complete the installation of the inReach Sync app.
9. If prompted, enter the administrator password for your Mac to authorize the installation and select Install Software.
10. Once the install is completed, select Close.
11. You're now ready to sync your inReach device.
To sync your inReach SE+ / Explorer+ device, click here.
To sync your inReach SE / Explorer device, click here.