Note: The inReach sync client requires OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher. You can check your OS version by clicking on the icon and then clicking on "About This Mac." If your version is below 10.6.8, please contact Apple support for upgrade options.
After adding or editing Contacts, QuickText, or Preset Messages on your Explore account you will need Sync the Explore acount with the inReach SE or inReach Explorer device to ensure your information is up to date on the device. When you sync your devices with the Explore site, the information you entered online — like Contacts, QuickText, Preset Messages, waypoint, route, map log, Facebook, Twitter, or MapShare information — will push to your devices.
Use the instructions below to download and install the inReach Sync app when using inReach Sync for the first time.
The inReach Sync app is also used to update the firmware on an inReach SE and inReach Explorer. Use these instructions to update the firmware on an inReach SE or inReach Explorer in need of a firmware update.
Installing and Using inReach SE Sync on a Mac
- Log in to your account at explore.delorme.com.
- On the Contacts, Messages, or Social tabs make edits to the Contacts, QuickText or Preset Messages, and social media connections for the inReach SE account. For the inReach Explorer you can also add waypoints and route information as well from the "Map" tab.
- Click the Sync tab.
- Click the inReach SE button. If you have already downloaded and installed the inReach Sync app skip to step 13.
Note: If you are using Safari or Chrome when installing inReach SE Sync for the first time click the inReach Sync link below the inReach SE/inReach Explorer button.
- Download and run the inReachSync.pkg file to begin the inReach Sync installation.
Note: If you receive a message that the settings of the Mac do not allow the inReachSync.pkg to be run, hold the control button on your keyboard, left-click on the file, and choose to Open the file. Repeat this process if needed.
- The inReach SE Sync app requires the Mono Framework version 2.10.12 to be installed to your computer. Click the link in the Install inReach Sync window to download the prerequisite.
- Open and install the MonoFramework-MRE-2.10.12.macos10.xamarin.x86.dmg file to the Mac.
- When the MonoFramework installation completes click Close to return to the inReach Sync app installer.
- Click Install to complete the installation of the inReach Sync app.
- Once the install completes, Close the Install inReach Sync window.
- Click the inReach SE/inReach Explorer button.
- Enter your explore.delorme.com username and password in the inReach Site Login window and click Login.
- Connect the inReach SE or inReach Explorer to a USB port on your computer using a standard micro-USB to USB cable.
- Click the Sync button. The inReach Sync app will push the Contact, QuickText, Preset Messages, and Facebook, Twitter, or MapShare information to the inReach SE or inReach Explorer. For the inReach Explorer you can also add waypoints and route information as well from the "Map" tab
- Close the inReach Sync app when done.