After configuring the contacts, quick messages, and social media options for your inReach user account you will need to sync your device in order for the changes to appear. Syncing also provides your device with new firmware version, so it is important to sync before leaving with your device.
Important note: The inReach Sync client is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Here are the steps for syncing your inReach SE or inReach Explorer device via the Enterprise portal:
1. Login to inreach.garmin.com.
2. Click on the "Sync" tab.
3. Click on the "Launch inReach Sync" button (click on the "Download and install inReach Sync" link if this is your first time syncing).
4. The inReach Sync client will open.
5. Login with your user credentials (the administrator account can sync all devices on the account).
6. Power on your inReach device and connect it to your computer via the micro-USB cable included in the kit.
7. The device will be recognized by the sync client.
8. Click on the "Sync" button to sync the device.
9. When the sync client is finished you can remove the device from the USB cable.