Garmin has recently informed Roadpost of a firmware update required for inReach Original devices (hardware version 1.0 and 1.5) to correct a time and date issue that has affected some devices. To resolve this issue, a device sync will be required.
READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING
If your inReach Original device is:
- On a Professional plan
- The inReach for Android model
- The inReach for PN-60w model
You must proceed to this support link for the update: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=PZDCnGMyuI0C1i6C31ApU9.
If you are unsure of your model, look at the left hand side of the device for the description. If you are unsure of your rate plan, visit inreach.garmin.com to check your rate plan. Plans such as the inReach Pro 5K, inReach Pro 15K, and inReach Pro 40K qualify for the above link.
The below steps will cover the entire sync process. If you already have the sync software installed on your computer, proceed to step# 7.
1. Login to inreach.garmin.com.
2. Click on the Plans & Devices tab.
3. Click on Sync & Update
4. Click on Windows or Mac to start the download
5. Locate the download on your computer and run it. Note: The file will usually be located in your Downloads folder.
6. Follow onscreen prompts to complete the installation.
7. Once installed open the inReach Sync software.
- On Windows click the start menu icon and then click the Garmin folder followed by inReach Sync.
- On Mac click the Finder icon and then click on the Applications folder.
8. Login to the inReach sync software. Note: if the software does not ask you to login, click the Logout button. You will be prompted for your username and password. Use the same username and password that is used on the inreach.garmin.com portal.
9. Remove the battery cover from the inReach device and remove the batteries.
10. Plug the inReach device into your computer using a micro-USB cable.
11. Hold the power, tracking, and messaging buttons until the power LED starts flashing rapidly.
12. The inReach Sync software will detect the device and then request the IMEI number of the device. Enter the IMEI number that is located on the white sticker within the battery compartment.
13. The sync software will update the device. This may take up to 20 minutes to complete the update. If the update fails, try again until the update succeeds.