inReach Explorer owners can import waypoints and routes in GPX or KML (KMZ is a zipped version of KML) format from other data sources.
Please note that the Explorer can only hold a maximum of 500 waypoints or 1-5 routes depending on the length of the route. If your import fails, make the file smaller.
Please follow these steps to import a GPX or KML file:
1. Login to explore.delorme.com.
2. Click on the "Map" tab.
3. Click on the "Import" button.
4. Click on the "Drop files to upload, or click here" text.
5. Select the GPX or KML file.
6. The file will begin uploading.
7. The upload will complete.
8. Click on the "Waypoints" or "Routes" tab under the "Map" tab to view your data.
9. You can sync the data to your inReach Explorer device. Sync instructions can be found in the links below this article.