For a message from the Earthmate application to contain your GPS coordinates the Explore portal, iOS settings, and Earthmate settings need to be adjusted to ensure the location is properly sent for all message types.
Step 1: Enable SMS Location via the Explore Portal
1. Login to https://inreach.garmin.com
2. Click on the Account tab.
3. Under the "SMS Message Configuration" heading, make sure the checkbox "Include my latitude and longitude as text in the message" and "Include a link to an online map with my location" are both selected.
Step 2: Enable Location Services
1. From your iPhone/iPad home screen, tap on Settings.
2. From the Settings list, tap on Privacy.
3. Tap on Location Services.
4. Make sure Location Services is on.
5. Tap on Earthmate.
6. Under "Allow Location Access" select "Always" for the best result. You may use "While Using the App" as well depending on your preference.
Step 3: Enable Location in the Earthmate app
1. From your iPhone/iPad home screen, tap on the Earthmate app.
2. Tap on More.
3. Tap on Options.
4. Tap on Messages.
5. Tap on Include Location.
Going forward, all messages sent from the Earthmate app will contain latitude and longitude information. To disable location services, simply follow the above directions again and disable the selected options.