For a message from the Earthmate application to contain your GPS coordinates the Explore portal, Android settings, and Earthmate settings need to be adjusted to ensure the location is properly sent for all message types.
Note: The instructions below were created with a device running Android 7.0 (Nougat). Make sure to adjust accordingly if using a phone or device with a different version of Android.
Step 1: Enable SMS Location via the Explore Portal
1. Login to https://inreach.garmin.com
2. Click on the Account tab.
3. Under the "SMS Message Configuration" heading, make sure the checkbox "Include my latitude and longitude as text in the message" and "Include a link to an online map with my location" are both selected.
Step 2: Enable Location Services in Android Settings
1. Tap the Settings icon of your Android device.
2. Scroll to and tap Location.
3. Ensure the Location toggle is set to ON.
4. Tap on Mode and then tap on High accuracy.
Step 3: Enable Location in the Earthmate app
1. From the Android home screen, open the Earthmate app.
2. Tap on the menu icon.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Tap on Messages.
5. Tap on Include Location.
Going forward, all messages sent from the Earthmate app will contain latitude and longitude information. To disable location services, simply follow the above directions again and disable the selected options.