The inReach allows you to build a list of contacts to send messages to. To create a contact do the following:
1. Login to https://inreach.garmin.com
2. Click on the "Contacts" tab.
3. Click on the "Add" button.
4. Enter the contact information. Click the "Done" button when finished.
5. Repeat the above steps until all of your contacts have been entered.
6. Sync the device with your computer (MAC or PC) to load the contacts onto your device. Instructions for syncing can be found here:
Sync for Windows: http://support.inreachcanada.com/kb/articles/14
Sync for Mac: http://support.inreachcanada.com/kb/articles/15
7. If you are using the Earthmate app you will need to sync that as well:
Sync Earthmate for Apple iOS: http://support.inreachcanada.com/kb/articles/17
Sync Earthmate for Android: http://support.inreachcanada.com/kb/articles/103